how delightful, to be able to invite you once again to Bratislava, to dedicate ourselves together to the challenges that come along with a fast transforming society!
We meet on the occasion of the 15th anniversary of the Slovakian National Programme for Mental Health (NPMH). It has brought about changes in awareness and practice by overcoming, for instance, the mentality of ‘about us without us’, well known from the former Communist regime.
Context of the conference
The modern transformation of the mental health field began in 1989 with the Velvet Revolution that fundamentally changed the way of life in the former Czechoslovakia.
Offer to cooperate
The Conference on Mental Health and Meaningful Life hopes to unleash an encouraging exchange of experience that strengthens initiatives, meaningful forms of living together, of networks and integration. In a world of increasing complexity and interconnectedness, the power of transformation can be released from everywhere. Crises can become chances. Our meeting at the conference strives to be a transformative event in itself.
Themes of conference
- Mental Health Transformation: Reform and Initiatives towards integrated and meaningful life
- Networking on whatever level, e.g. individual, social, local, national, international
- Examples of Good Practice in Promotion, Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation in Mental Health
- Slovak National Programme for Mental Health
- WHO Mental Health Declaration and Action Plan for Europe
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities
- Joint development of a Manifesto including Visions, Strategies and Action Plans by the Participants of the Conference
An Invitation to Participate in Preparing the Conference and Manifesto Using the Tetralogue
Word Health Organization (WHO) claims to ensure, that all individuals are given a fair chance to fully realize their health potential so, that all overcome able obstacles that restrain this potential have to be removed.