how delightful, to be able to invite you once again to Bratislava, to dedicate ourselves together to the challenges that come along with a fast transforming society!
We meet on the occasion of the 15th anniversary of the Slovakian National Programme for Mental Health (NPMH). It has brought about changes in awareness and practice by overcoming, for instance, the mentality of ‘about us without us’, well known from the former Communist regime.
Context of the conference
The modern transformation of the mental health field began in 1989 with the Velvet Revolution that fundamentally changed the way of life in the former Czechoslovakia.
Themes of conference
- Mental Health Transformation: Reform and Initiatives towards integrated and meaningful life
- Networking on whatever level, e.g. individual, social, local, national, international
- Examples of Good Practice in Promotion, Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation in Mental Health
- Slovak National Programme for Mental Health
- WHO Mental Health Declaration and Action Plan for Europe
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities
Conference Preparatory Committee
We are introducing the members of the preparatory committee
Read more …